Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wasabi Potato Salad



Here's a recipe I adapted from My Little Cyberspot. It's simple, yet delicious. I did this for a Christmas potluck with some friends and kids, and I had promised to bring along some potato salad.

In went 3 medium-sized boiled potatoes, 8 prawns boiled and cut into chunky halves, 2 boiled eggs, Kewpie Japanese mayo (to taste), black pepper, chopped spring onions and about 1 finger length of Wasabi paste (I used the tube kind, thus the measurement in 'length'). I also added 1 Japanese cucumber chopped up into cubes for the c-c-c-c-runch. It was a nice combi of creaminess, spicy zing and sweetness. I think it still lacked some tartness, so I could perhaps add some chopped up gherkin-pickles next time.

Too much carbo right? And I must have my meat. So I panfried some fillet of chicken breast, marinated with teriyaki sauce. This was eaten alongside the potato salad.
Good good ... ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment